Rory McIlroy lower back to the top of the arena scores for the primary time in more than two years by way of keeping his CJ Cup name in South Carolina.
The Northern Irishman claimed a one-shot win at Congaree Golf Club, capturing a 4-beneath-par sixty seven to complete the match on 17 underneath.
American Kurt Kitayama also hit sixty seven on Sunday, and in brief drew degree with McIlroy thanks to a birdie at the 12th.
However McIlroy made three instantly birdies of his own to drag clear.
"It manner plenty," stated an emotional McIlroy after claiming his twenty third PGA Tour win.
I experience like I'm enjoying this recreation as much as I ever have.
"I simply love the sport of golfing and once I exit there and play with that pleasure, it has really showed over these past three hundred and sixty five days. It feels tremendous."
'I'm virtually pleased with myself'
Holding a one shot lead coming into the final day, McIlroy knew a win might take him above Scottie Scheffler and to the top of the world scores for a 9th time.
A second vicinity end might additionally have visible him leapfrog Scheffler, because the American completed in a tie for 45th on one underneath.
For McIlroy, birdies on the 14th, fifteenth and 16th holes gave him a three-shot cushion over his closest rival Kitayama.
The lead allowed the 4-time important winner to return home in relative comfort notwithstanding bogeying the closing holes.
"It's a big success, I'm simply pleased with myself proper now," he continued.
"The adventure of seeking to get the excellent out of myself, it really is the fulfilling aspect.
%20(2).png)